Exchange 2010 OWA RRS feed

• Question

• The option to force a password change on first login is causing a problem for some OWA users.  We have users that only use their network credentials to view their email through OWA.  When they try to log in to OWA for the first time they get an error message.  The error states that the account is not recognized.  Is this because they have not reset their password?  Some of the users do not have a computer at work so they cannot change their password.  Is there a way around this?  It's only about 25% of our users so I do not want to instruct the help desk to create the accounts with the option to force a password change unchecked.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hector

Friday, September 30, 2011 2:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/10/06/3411240.aspx

So you want to change your expired passwords in OWA...

This also works for users who have their accounts configured to change password on next logon

• Proposed as answer by Martina_Miskovic Friday, September 30, 2011 3:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Memin Friday, September 30, 2011 1:25 PM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 2:55 AM
  • Thanks Andy,

I'm still new to Exchange 2010,  I don't know all the ins and outs yet.  I need to stop believing the users and start testing on my own.  I created a new account and tested it myself.  OWA does prompt you to change your password when the account is created and the option to change password at next logon is selected.  I will mark this question as answered by you.

Thanks,

Hector

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:25 PM