Sequencing Office 2010 (beta) language pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I try to sequence the German language pack for Office 2010 (beta) but I wasn't successfully.

I try the following steps:

- http://blogs.technet.com/appv/archive/2009/01/20/sequencing-microsoft-office-2007-core-with-multiple-language-packs-via-dsc.aspx

- I also installed Office with default installation path

- For both steps above during monitoring start the "SETLANG.EXE" and change the Language Settings.

After stop monitoring and go to "Configure Applications" I didn't have any application under "applications".

I try to add the "setlang.exe" from default office installation and also from the Office 2010 App-V Package.

I think my first problem is how do I sequencing a language pack or better where should be the entire point for the Language Pack?

Must I add under applications a specified entire point.  Set maybe the path to the “setlang.exe” of the deployed Office?

Or must the App-V Sequencer find the Language Pack under Application?

I try to find more information about sequencing a language package but I didn't find detailed information what I supplementary can do.

Please help me, Office 2010 works well but for your decision to deploy app-v for all clients it would be a killer point if we cannot use different language packs with one basic office app-v package.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

heni79

Sequencing PC:

Virtual Machine at VMware Workstation 7.0

Snapshot from a clean state

Windows XP SP3 GER

App-V Sequencer 4.6.0.1523

Installpat: b:\O2K10ger.v01

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:04 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If making a secondary package there is a really good chance that there will never be any shortcut captured. As this never will be an entry point for an application it has no relevance what gets pointed out there - any OSD-configuration is useless. DSC only ties the SFT files together and that is the whole intention of a language pack in a secondary package. Publish notepad - its easy to locate....

/Znack

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:43 PM
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:59 PM