windows update RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i updated windows a few days ago and an error occured which slowed my laptop in all functioning,,, then i reformated it..

again yesterday i updated windows ,it slowed it much..i

my concern are:

1)is it is safe to update windows?

2)how to speed up my functioning?

Friday, September 23, 2011 7:42 PM

Answers

• It is safe to update Windows, as long as it is an official update and not a pirated version (official meaning from Microsoft)

Check for viruses and make sure that there aren't many processes eating your CPU/Memory; kill them if they are unneeded.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by 4053570ytheg123 Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:35 AM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify what error message you received.

Please understand Windows Update won't affect system performance. After ensuring the computer is clean, I suggest performing clean boot to check the result. Also, you can check  the memory and CPU usage from the Resource Monitor.

Regarding Windows Update issue, please try the Windows Update troubleshooting from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:54 AM

All replies

• It is safe to update Windows, as long as it is an official update and not a pirated version (official meaning from Microsoft)

Check for viruses and make sure that there aren't many processes eating your CPU/Memory; kill them if they are unneeded.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by 4053570ytheg123 Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:35 AM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify what error message you received.

Please understand Windows Update won't affect system performance. After ensuring the computer is clean, I suggest performing clean boot to check the result. Also, you can check  the memory and CPU usage from the Resource Monitor.

Regarding Windows Update issue, please try the Windows Update troubleshooting from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:36 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:54 AM