Outlook 2016 - business environment - notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Description of the environment

I am using Outlook 2016 in a business environment, that is to say in my workplace. Some time ago, an update came, so that now I am having the Office 365 version of Outlook. I am using 4 accounts (in the Status bar: Connected to Microsoft Exchange) with Outlook, and I only receive notifications with only three. In the fourth one, I applied some rules, and I have been never notified about a new incoming message in the different folders. Yes, I created folders for the different rules, as well.

My question is: Is it possible that I dont receive notifications because I applied rules to that account?

Kind regards,

Renáta from Hungary

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Monday, December 10, 2018 6:56 AM relocated
    Sunday, December 9, 2018 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, email notifications are only displayed for emails delivered to your Inbox. If you have rules to move the emails from Inbox to subfolders, there will be no notification displayed. You need to modify your rules to add the "display a desktop alert" action:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by VargaRenáta Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:01 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2018 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By default, email notifications are only displayed for emails delivered to your Inbox. If you have rules to move the emails from Inbox to subfolders, there will be no notification displayed. You need to modify your rules to add the "display a desktop alert" action:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by VargaRenáta Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:01 PM
    Monday, December 10, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Hello,

How is everything going?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:53 AM
  • Hello, Steve!

Thank you so much, i have found it, though somewhere else: in Step 1 I checked play a sound and display a Desktop alert. Now it appeared in Step 2. I will do that for the other rules as well.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Renáta

Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:03 PM
  • Hi!

Everything is fine. :)

Renáta

Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:04 PM
  • Great! Thank you for the confirmation.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Friday, December 14, 2018 1:42 AM