UAG SSTP Connection Ended Error RRS feed

• Question

• Bare bones Server 2008 R2 Std OS with UAG 2010 SP1 bare config just trying to get SSTP to work with Windows 7. Network Access with XP SP3 clients works fine. Windows 7 x86/x64 clients get the "Connection Ended" immediately when connecting. Second clean build out with the SSTP problems so I'm apparently missing something in the config. Not a routing issue or inside/outside networks config problem. Cert is okay, no CRL errors. Using static IP pool. No other published apps/services at this point. Previous build had an issue with the svchost hosting the SSTP service crashing on client connect, MS Support gave up on me with that one and recommended rebuilding, now I have this issue. Is anyone successfully using these features? I've worked with Netscaler/Citrix AG, Checkpoint, Cisco and Aventail without such basic config issues, guessing there's just some checkbox somewhere that I'm missing. BTW, already been through the UAG to TMG to RRAS component configuration which it seems UAG isn't always reliable in managing the dependency component configurations but I've verified all those services are up and running.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

-Travis

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 10:58 PM

Answers

• The cert wasn't specified correctly in RRAS on the Security tab SSL Certificate Binding, UAG seems to have quite a bit of trouble managing the correct TMG/RRAS settings and manually changing them gets overwritten. Anyways, now I'm back to where I was with the previous build out, svchost process containing SSTP crashes and take down 3 or 4 services when the first SSTP client connects. Thats two clean builds with basic configuration and same issue, at a loss, anyone running UAG 2010 SP1 on Server 2008 R2 and using SSTP successfully!

-Travis

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, August 26, 2011 11:52 PM
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:18 PM

All replies