UAG 2010 SP1 cookies not handled correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I have an internal asp web application wich basically does the following when accessing it internal:

It looks for a cookie on the client, if it's not there, it uses integrated authentication to get the username and password,

stores this in a cookie, goes back to the logon page, looks for the cookie, uses the info from the cookie to fill in a logon form,

the user then clicks OK and it goes on.

When publishing this as a web application (portal hostname) the logon sequence gets stuck in a loop.

Using Fiddler2 I saw some errors in address translation, corrected this with appwrap, that part looks good now.

But it looks to me as if it doesn't set the cookie correctly, it adds the uniquesig to the path and leaves the password empty.

I played around with postpostvalidate, SRA, AppWrap but I can't seem to get it to work.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Friday, November 25, 2011 11:11 AM

Answers

• We're going the easy way: application specific hostname

• Marked as answer by timeloop69 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:07 PM

All replies

• Hi timeloop.

I had a similar issue a while ago with cookies being stripped in transmission.  This was actually a bug in TMG.  I found this by sniffing the traffic using Netmon.  What I saw was the cookie being presented by the client, but it was being stripped by TMG before arriving at the web server.  At the time I got around this by installing the latest TMG updates.  Therefore I'd try putting on TMG 2010 SP2.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers

Shaun

Friday, November 25, 2011 11:42 AM
  • Hi Shaun,

Installed SP2 this weekend but it didn't resolve the issue.

Anybody got any more tips?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:55 AM
  • We're going the easy way: application specific hostname

• Marked as answer by timeloop69 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:07 PM
  • This was a common problem with certain versions of Citrix Web Interface and could often be solved with custom AppWrap code...

Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd | My Blogs: http://blog.msedge.org.uk and http://blog.msfirewall.org.uk
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:23 PM