none
List of users, Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When the number of users is more than 400, in User management section there is no possibility to see the whole list.

Is any way to view all of them ?

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Olegk,

I came across this few times, and unfortunately there is now way of view the whole list in Manage Users in PWA. The work around i use is EXPORT  TO EXCEL to view the list of users.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:08 AM
  • Oleg,

Here's a SQL SELECT statement we use to get a list of all users from the published database:

SELECT     TOP (100) PERCENT GRP.WSEC_GRP_NAME, RES.WRES_ACCOUNT, RES.RES_NAME, RES.WRES_EMAIL,
                          CASE WHEN RES_TYPE >= 100 THEN 0 ELSE 1 END AS 'WRES_IS_ENABLED',
                          CASE WHEN RES_TYPE < 20 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'WRES_CAN_LOGIN',
                          CASE WHEN RES_TYPE < 20 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END AS 'WRES_COUNT_LICENSE'
    FROM         ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_WEB_SECURITY_GROUPS AS GRP INNER JOIN
                          ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_WEB_SECURITY_GROUP_MEMBERS AS MEM ON GRP.WSEC_GRP_GUID = MEM.WSEC_GRP_GUID INNER JOIN
                          ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_RESOURCES AS RES ON MEM.WRES_GUID = RES.RES_SECURITY_GUID
    WHERE     (RES.RES_IS_WINDOWS_USER = 1)
    ORDER BY RES.RES_NAME

Mind to replace 'ProjectServer_Published' with the name of your published database in above statement.

Hope this can help you to put you on your way.

• Marked as answer by Boombarash Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:57 PM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Olegk,

I came across this few times, and unfortunately there is now way of view the whole list in Manage Users in PWA. The work around i use is EXPORT  TO EXCEL to view the list of users.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:08 AM
  • Oleg,

Here's a SQL SELECT statement we use to get a list of all users from the published database:

SELECT     TOP (100) PERCENT GRP.WSEC_GRP_NAME, RES.WRES_ACCOUNT, RES.RES_NAME, RES.WRES_EMAIL,
    FROM         ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_WEB_SECURITY_GROUPS AS GRP INNER JOIN
                          ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_WEB_SECURITY_GROUP_MEMBERS AS MEM ON GRP.WSEC_GRP_GUID = MEM.WSEC_GRP_GUID INNER JOIN
                          ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_RESOURCES AS RES ON MEM.WRES_GUID = RES.RES_SECURITY_GUID
    ORDER BY RES.RES_NAME

Mind to replace 'ProjectServer_Published' with the name of your published database in above statement.

• Marked as answer by Boombarash Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:57 PM
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:52 PM
  • I like to use Resource Centre which gives you the flexibility of being able to create nice views and filters  - although this obviously only works for users that are configured as users....
    http://blogs.umtsa.co.za/nicoo
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 10:38 AM
  • You can simple use the '%' wildcard  in the search facility.
    Andrew Cooper - Deakin University
    Monday, October 10, 2011 4:37 AM
  • Oleg,

ORDER BY RES.RES_NAME

Thanks, it works!
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:56 PM