mal RRS feed

• Question

• I have been keeping a diary for 3 weeks re my holiday in Hawaii, I had at least 6 pages saved and each day all pages came up ok, this morning all was ok but as I started typing, about 1 paragraph in, the whole previous 6 pages disappeared, this happenned as a new page started and the LH corner showed Page 1 of 1, I am using an acer aspire one XP on WiFi, have tried all the recovery info from google I can understand [ not too bright on computer  use], I do know I did not hit any key to cause this, can I recover this lost data?.............MAL
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:38 AM

Answers

• It sounds like you may have inadvertently hit ctrl+A which will select everything in the document and then pressing the next key replaces everything with whatever that key was.

If you still have the document open, click on Undo (more than once might be necessary) and everything that you deleted should be reinstated.  If you saved the document and then closed it, I am afraid that all of your previous work might be gone unless you had the option to Always create a backup copy turned on in which case there should be a file named "backup of [document name].wbk

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"mal007" wrote in message news:5e77fe8b-550f-4897-977b-d0d59b408bdb@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I have been keeping a diary for 3 weeks re my holiday in Hawaii, I had at least 6 pages saved and each day all pages came up ok, this morning all was ok but as I started typing, about 1 paragraph in, the whole previous 6 pages disappeared, this happenned as a new page started and the LH corner showed Page 1 of 1, I am using an acer aspire one XP on WiFi, have tried all the recovery info from google I can understand [ not too bright on computer  use], I do know I did not hit any key to cause this, can I recover this lost data?.............MAL

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, July 19, 2010 3:40 AM
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:49 AM