Dashboard:Ready Made Reports enabled webpart. RRS feed

• Question

• Case Study: I want users to configure his dashbaord in sharepoint rather admin is doing for the end users. say for e.g I have 10 ready made reports enabled webparts. Now for every user on defined page say Dashboardxyz.aspx,I want user to choose the reports and drag it into dashbord and save his/her settings. The way admin does for end users but he needs to add required data connections in report viewer webparts and all. I think in a way,user will have facilities to edit the page and select among the role based webparts-reports available only for him. Can this requirement achievable in any sense in sharepoint . 
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:17 AM

All replies

• I think the easiest way for you to do this is with the "Personalise this page" feature.

I would suggest that you create a Dashboard.aspx page which contains all of the different reports. Your users can then go to the page, then select to personalise it (by clicking on the drop down at the top right of the page where it says 'Welcome username'). They can then remove whichever reports they do not want, move others around and even add new web parts if needed, but they will only be changing their personal view of the page, not the shared view that others will see.

If you would also like to make each report available as web part to be added by users, you just need to add each report to a page somewhere and configure it as needed. You can then export the web part (from it's 'Edit' drop down menu) which will save it out as a .DWP file. You can then upload this back into SharePoint by going to the web part gallery, it's in the site settings of the top level site. When you upload each web part you can give it a name, 'Sales Report', 'Profit Report' etc and put them all into a custom group such as 'Company Reports'. Then when your users personalise the page and go to add a web part they can go to the 'Company Reports' group and pick which of the report web parts they want to add.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:03 AM