Remote Desktop blank screen after upgrading to Windows 8.1 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've a Hyper-V machine just upgraded from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8.1 Pro (say Server).  Before upgrading (i.e. Windows 8), I'm able to run a remote desktop from my Windows 8.1 Pro Hyper-V host machine (say Client) to connect to the Server.  After upgrading the Server to 8.1 Pro, I got blank (black) screen while connecting via remote desktop.  I checked the remote desktop setting that're the same as before upgrading.  I also tried to run the new remote desktop app from iPad Mini to connect to the Server but the result is the same.

Please help :(

Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• try to adjust screen resolution to lower fixel.
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:38 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 3:34 PM
  • I did it, works very well at the first login, but after windows 8 reinstall the video driver , the black screen at RD come back. I think that is some problem in resolution compatibility with RD.
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:21 PM
  • I have the same thing happening when I try to connect to any of our PCs that I've upgraded.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:11 PM
  • How is this a fix? As others have stated, it seems that running any display driver causes the issue. I've got it on two different systems, one with ATI and the other with Nvidia. If I RDP from either one to the other, it just goes to a black or white screen. I apparently can still click things, but there's nothing more than the mouse courser visible.
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:13 AM
  • How is this a fix? As others have stated, it seems that running any display driver causes the issue. I've got it on two different systems, one with ATI and the other with Nvidia. If I RDP from either one to the other, it just goes to a black or white screen. I apparently can still click things, but there's nothing more than the mouse courser visible.
    Same here... microsoft, you're not doing a good job, it's been almost two months since the first post and no solution has been posted... sigh.
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:07 AM

Same here... microsoft, you're not doing a good job, it's been almost two months since the first post and no solution has been posted... sigh.
    BTW, in my case, I am not using hyper V, it is two machines, one using Windows 8 and the other using Windows 8.1. It is also an intermitent problem for me, if I go and reset the machine I am connecting to, it works for a while and then suddenly, obviously when I need the remote machine the most as per Murphy's law, I just get a black screen...
    Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:10 AM