Add a local printer greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I have laptops that are not part of the domain, and we just log in locally to them.  I thought there was a policy in Local Security Settings I had to tweak so that non-admin users could install printers on XP, but can't remember which one.  Does anyone remember?
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297780

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:37 AM
  • So can I add this permission via secpol.msc as well to everyone or the specific user account, since the machine i'm trying to do this on is only part of a workgroup?  or do they specifically have to be in power users AND have that permission?
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:52 PM
  • For installation of drivers a user needs to be part of Power users group and must have the load unload security privilege. You can have a try.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:27 AM