none
Very simple workflow! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need to have a project custom field updated when another project custom field changes.  How can I achieve that simply?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Steve,

It depends on what exactly would be the condition.

But basically you can create a project custom field with a formula based on the first custom field. Note that it could be more or less complex and doable by a fomula based on your business needs. Note also that even if you do not see the custom fields while picking up fields in the formula box, you can type the custom field name using curly brackets.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:32 AM
  • thanks Guillaume, the problem is, if I do that then I can't get that formula field into a OLAP cube as a dimension..or can I?
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:38 AM
  • It has to be tested because the logic of the custom fields list available as a dimension for the OLAP cubes can be difficult to understand... But theoretically, you should be able to add this second custom field as a dimension in your cubes, even if it is formula based.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:41 AM
  • Hi, just tried that Guillaume, I can't see the new field in the OLAp configuration, I wonder if I am missing something?

Steve

Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:51 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Here is a reference with the custom fields which you can add to the OLAP cubes as dimensions (see figure 2).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee767696%28v=office.14%29.aspx

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:09 PM
  • thanks Guillaume, seems that I cant use formulae fields after all in a Cube

cheers

Steve

Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:06 PM
  • Indeed.. Sorry that it is not the reply you were expecting... :-(

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:13 PM