none
Can not check in Project Detail Page edited RRS feed

• Question

• I have an adminstrator profile in MS Project 2013. I have edited a Project detail page adding a few new custm fields using web parts.

However, although I have saved the changes I have made, de News custom fields are not shown for de rest of the user when they access the page.

I have tried to force the check in of the page but returns na error "Sorry, something went wrog". The technical details dos not help at all and it does not appear as um unsuccessful or even successful job at "Manage Queue Jobs" > PWA Settings.

Would you please help with this issue?

Sincelrely, Sonali

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:57 PM

All replies

• There are several ways to hide custom fields....

1. Using the department - do any of the custom fields belong to departments

2. Using workflow - are any of the custom fields workflow enabled.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:40 PM
  • I was very careful when I created the custom fields so I wouldn't link it them with any department. Moreover they are not controlled by workflow.

I will give you more details. Here we have two types of projects. One we call "demand" and other we call "Project". I changed de Project detail page call "demand" by including 10 new custom fields. The majority of the fields has as entity = Project and Type = text or date. The entity field only gives "Project", "Task" and "Resource" as options.

I can see the new version of this altered PDP. No other user can because, I believe, I could not do the check in of the pdp. Every time I try returns a error without helpful details.

Could it be the type of data that the field requires?

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 9:53 PM
  • I expect it's the PDP which is at issue.  Worth creating a new one with your custom fields.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:54 PM
  • Great! Thank you very much.

Would you inform a publish tutorial to create a new PDP, please?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:02 PM