RDWeb Access Using FireFox Browser RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if anyone else has run into this problem using the Firefox version 23.0.1 browser to access your RDWeb site. Were you able to find a fix?

Our office has relaxed the browser standard from MS Internet Explorer and now allowed Firefox. When using IE to access our remote RDWeb site it works flawlessly. The situation is different with FF.  I’m trying to find a fix for when the second web-page appears e.g. (https://xxxx.xxxx.org/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/default.aspx) this message appears (Searching for available RemoteApp programs...) after you have clicked on application icon. The selected application does no start only this message remains.

Any and all help to fix this problem will be appreciated.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:56 AM

Answers

• Solution to using Firefox browser to access RDWeb. I installed “ActiveX hosting plugin version 1.39.0.0 for Firefox and IE Tab Plugin version 2.2.0.1”. The version of Firefox Browser I'm using is 24.0 .

Also, in the IE Tab Option screen within Firefox Browser, I added the URL that I used to access my RDWeb server (https://XXXX.DYNDNS.ORG/*). 

That was the fix !!

• Marked as answer by Martiar01 Friday, September 27, 2013 5:07 PM
    • Edited by Martiar01 Friday, September 27, 2013 5:09 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s the operating system of your Terminal Server?

Based on my research, Remote Desktop Web Access now supports other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on Windows Server 2012.

For the previous OS version, there might be the compatibility issue because Firefox does not support ActiveX technology for multiple reasons. However, RD Web access uses the RD Activex control installed on the client PC.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 23, 2013 5:02 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Martiar01 Friday, September 27, 2013 5:00 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:33 AM
  • Niki, thanks for your reply.

My Terminal Server OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

As you indicated from your research, RD Web access uses the RD ActiveX control installed on the client PC and Firefox also reside on the client PC, is there any option/setting in Firefox to emulate or ignore the client side ActiveX ?

Thank again !

Friday, September 13, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Based on the document releasing from Firefox, there is no option to emulate the ActiveX. If the ActiveX is ignored,RD Web Access website won't be displayed.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Manish Jeenwal Monday, September 23, 2013 5:03 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 4:50 PM
  • Solution to using Firefox browser to access RDWeb. I installed “ActiveX hosting plugin version 1.39.0.0 for Firefox and IE Tab Plugin version 2.2.0.1”. The version of Firefox Browser I'm using is 24.0 .

Also, in the IE Tab Option screen within Firefox Browser, I added the URL that I used to access my RDWeb server (https://XXXX.DYNDNS.ORG/*). 

That was the fix !!

• Marked as answer by Martiar01 Friday, September 27, 2013 5:07 PM
    • Edited by Martiar01 Friday, September 27, 2013 5:09 PM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 5:07 PM