none
Driver signature enforcement Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Good Day.

I use <g class="gr_ gr_15 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="15" id="15">sigverif</g> and check and found out that that's 5 files have not been digitally signed. It surprised me that 5 of them are system files. I don't know should I remove it, if anyone had this knowledge kindly advise me. 

Below are the 5 files.

peauth.sys
    usbd.sys
    usbehci.sys
    usbhub.sys
    usbport.sys

Thanks!
    • Edited by Chiazy Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:58 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:56 PM

All replies

• If you are suspicious of these files submit them to VirusTotal and see what is the result:

https://www.virustotal.com/

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 4:20 PM
  • Hello Chiazy.

As you've correctly stated, all those files are system drivers' files.
    You could check their digital signatures by using the Windows 7 File Signature Verification (named sigverif) tool: read here to know more about that.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS

Thursday, October 6, 2016 5:49 PM
  • For driver verification,simply go to run,or cmd,type: SigVerif

Run the tests

Friday, October 7, 2016 2:21 AM
  • In addition, you could also check this thread for reference.

Checking if a driver is digitally signed:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef5433e2-54e0-442a-81ba-08e60f1120a6/checking-if-a-driver-is-digitally-signed?forum=mdt

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Hi All Expert,

Thank you for reverting back.

I have did a Sigverif before and five system files were not digitally signed, these are the five files peauth.sys, usbd.sys, usbehci.sys, usbhub.sys and usbport.sys. I also did a full virus scan no virus was found. I am aware that removing it will cause futher issue, if anyone have if knowledge can advise me on.

Thanks!

• Edited by Chiazy Friday, October 7, 2016 12:22 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 12:13 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:32 AM
  • Hi Tony

Thank you for showing concern.

I have no solutions, now unable to free upgrade to win 10 and also unable to format the pc due to one of the software license. I also don't dare to mess around with the registry.

Thanks!

• Edited by Chiazy Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:50 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 1:47 PM