Forefront Client Security does not update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, the Forefront Client Security does not update files - even though when clicking "update" it claims therre are no updates available.  This error has occurred since installing it.  It seems that the proxy server is not recognized.  Could not find appropriate information to fix the Forefront problem, solutions would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Euripanopeus,

Is it a standalone client? do you've an update server? pls be specific. if it is a standalone, depending on your connection speed, you should'nt have any problem updating. I suggest you try offline update first here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/935934 then you can subsequently update from the engine itself. If on the other hand its an update server, you need to verify that your update server has downloaded the updates & you have approved them. Let me know if you need more help. Good luck.

Nura
    • Proposed as answer by Nuratech Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Saturday, January 2, 2010 1:44 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Euripanopeus,

Is it a standalone client? do you've an update server? pls be specific. if it is a standalone, depending on your connection speed, you should'nt have any problem updating. I suggest you try offline update first here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/935934 then you can subsequently update from the engine itself. If on the other hand its an update server, you need to verify that your update server has downloaded the updates & you have approved them. Let me know if you need more help. Good luck.

Nura
    • Proposed as answer by Nuratech Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nick Gu - MSFT Saturday, January 2, 2010 1:44 PM
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:33 PM
  • In addition to what Nura said, if this is a standalone (/nomom) install you must opt-in to Microsoft Update (as opposed to Windows Update) to get offered the updates from the public site.

-Eddie
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:37 AM