none
Using a CMD script to change power settings on a SteadyState controlled machine... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a script that uses "powercfg.exe" (i.e. root:\Windows\System32\powercfg.exe) to switch the power settings between two different profiles (e.g. "Daytime" and "NightTime".  The script is running as an administrative user and seems to be processed correctly.  However, the system still sleeps (i.e.  monitor goes black and system takes a bit to become fully responsive) itself well within an hour of being left alone (which is not a desirable thing).  Is there a setting that I've missed that might eliminate the sleeping?
    Monday, October 26, 2009 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Jontu, do you mean hibernation? Have you tried powercfg -h off to disable hibernation? Also, it seems that we don't have much to do on the issue with SteadyState settings.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:49 AM
  • It shouldn't be hibernating, I had that disabled quite a while ago in the "Power Options" control panel.  If I recall correctly, that setting (like most of the power options) are applied to all users of the system.

I know that the monitor is being sent a signal to sleep by the system but it could be that the system is paging out IE and other applications to make room to play the videos.  Before SteadyState, the system would play some videos, as the screen saver, until it was used.  Now, it typically causes the monitor to sleep before that happens.

I didn't have "/h" in the script, but I have one machine testing it now.  (Although, I don't think it will help me.)
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:21 PM