none
child domain

Question

• In the past I had child domain, But this server doesn't exist any more as an hardware.

My problem know I can't create new attribute on the parent domain with the following MSG

(the FSMO role ownership could not be verified because it directory partition has not replicated

So please how can I remove the child connection from the parent?

to avoid the mention MSG.

Many thanks 

Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To remove orphaned domains , you can refer to the following link :

How to remove orphaned domains from Active Directory

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:52 AM
  • Hello,

Can you check who is the holder of the FSMO roles? Can you try to seize the forest wide FSMO roles to make sure they are all owned by the existing functional DCs?

/Regards

Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:15 PM
  • I try the mention article but I got the following 

No current server
    No current Naming Context

Many thanx for help

Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:42 PM
  • The parent is the holder and owned by the existing functional DCs

Many thankx 

Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:43 PM
  • Hi,
    First of all, please make sure that you have cleaned up metadata of child domain: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816907(v=ws.10).aspx
    Then you could have a try using the following command which could give us some useful information: repadmin /showreps. And you could also manually start a replication, then see if the error is gone.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 23, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 30, 2017 8:16 AM