none
Deployment Type dialog box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I do not get asked for deployment type when I run litetouch.vbs from a current OS. Please have a look at my customsettings.ini. Where am I going wrong?

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty, SavedJoinDomain

[Default]
    _SMSTSORGNAME=My Company
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    HideShell=YES
    SkipDeploymentType=NO
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    JoinDomain=Mydomain.com
    DomainAdminDomain=domain
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipSummary=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    UserLocale=en-ZA
    UILanguage=en-US
    KeyboardLocale=en-ZA
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZoneName=South Africa Standard Time
    FinishAction=REBOOT

UserDataLocation=AUTO
    UDShare=\\LAO04023\USMT
    UDDir=%ComputerName%
    USMTMigFiles1=MigApp.xml
    USMTMigFiles2=MigUser.xml
    ScanStateArgs=/v:5 /o /c /localonly /ue:da* /ue:maverick /ue:admin* /ue:all*
    LoadStateArgs=/v:5 /c /lac

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:11 PM

All replies

• When you run Litetouch.vbs from a running OS, the "REFRESH" type is assumed by MDT.

-Nick O.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:24 PM
  • When you run Litetouch.vbs from a running OS, the "REFRESH" type is assumed by MDT.

-Nick O.

Thank you, I am using hardlink migration for refresh / upgrade. If I want to use the replace scenario, do I create a new task sequence and set the customsettings for the replace task sequence to store USMT data to a network share?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:28 PM
  • If you're using hardlink migration, you shouldn't need a network share since the data will remain on the disk. If you want to use a network share, you can set the information in CS.ini.

Example:

[Default]

OSInstall=YES

ScanStateArgs=/v:5  /o /c

LoadStateArgs=/v:5  /c /lac

DoCapture=YES

UserDataLocation=NETWORK

UDShare=\\Server\MigData$

UDDir=%OSDComputerName%

In a replace scenario (going from one machine to another, for instance), you would want to use the network location since you are migrating to a new machine and/or wiping the disk. If you are using the very same machine (refresh), hardlinking should be fine.

-Nick O.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:10 PM
  • If you're using hardlink migration, you shouldn't need a network share since the data will remain on the disk. If you want to use a network share, you can set the information in CS.ini.

Example:

[Default]

OSInstall=YES

ScanStateArgs=/v:5  /o /c

LoadStateArgs=/v:5  /c /lac

DoCapture=YES

UserDataLocation=NETWORK

UDShare=\\Server\MigData$

UDDir=%OSDComputerName%

In a replace scenario (going from one machine to another, for instance), you would want to use the network location since you are migrating to a new machine and/or wiping the disk. If you are using the very same machine (refresh), hardlinking should be fine.

-Nick O.

I will create four task sequences and set the viariables for each. Do you agree with this?
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:26 AM