none
Task Processor Failed when running assessment RRS feed

• Question

• I am running MAP v9.3 on my Windows 7 workstation.  MAP doesn't seem to have any problems collecting data from our environment.  However, when I go to assess our inventory, the process fails.  This occurs in the "Overview" pane when clicking "Refresh Assessment".  In the lower left-hand corner, it then says "Task processor failed".   I tried looking for logs under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit\bin".  However, I don't see any log files under this directory or its subfolders.  Any ideas on how I can get this up and running for us?  Thanks.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:13 PM

All replies

• Bump!

Having the same issue running 9.3 from Server 2012 R2 as a domain admin. Can't find any logs. Hope this gets answered.

Ron Arestia, MCSA (Server 2012)

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:48 PM
  • Hi Gerry, hi Ron,

you can find the logfiles of the MapToolkit Assessments in the path:

{Drive}\users\{current user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MAP

The logfiles for the installation of MapToolkit can be found at:

{Drive}\users\{current user}\AppData\Local\TEMP

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:23 PM
  • I upped the logging by changing the Logging.cfg file, and I now see a text file with log data. I'm not going to hijack Gerry's thread, so I'll post elsewhere for help. Thanks, Ralph.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 4:23 PM
  • I'm having the same issue with the Task Processor Failing. Gerry did you ever get it resolved?
    Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:49 AM
  • I was trying to use a DB from a previous version, and the tool was freaking out. I completely cleared all of the MAP-related folders and databases (%appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\MAPToolkit). When I re-ran the scan, I made sure to only select Microsoft-based resources. I was previously selecting both Nix servers and VMware, and I think that's what was fouling up the task processor.

With just the Windows resources and a fresh DB, the task processor completed without issue. We didn't really need the Nix or VMware stuff anyway.

Hope this helps someone.

Monday, March 21, 2016 3:15 PM