How to sum up totals of columns from all lists? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am given a excel sheet where there are 120 rows.  The first column is a tracking number column so it's like a unique key.  The list has 15 columns, where the last column on the right is a total of 8 other columns to the left of it, a calculated column with formula. 

I have a dozen of users who will log into SharePoint and enter data for those last 8 columns (integers).  Is it possible to do this in SharePoint?  Do I just create a list template based on the Excel sheet and then create one for each user? 

i also need to create a new list with the same column as the excel/list.  However I need the last 9 columns has to total of all columns from all the entries for all lists created based on that templagte.  For example, column 8 of this list would display sum of all entries of column8 for lists, and column 9 of this list would display sum of all entries of column9 for lists................   How can I implement this?  Thank you

Thank you
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• You just have to create 1 list. Make sure all the "Dozen" users have contribute permission on the list. once created, as users will post their chunk of data on this list, a new row will be added. 

For your second query, you can create a custom workflow to add the content of the "Current item" from the 1st list to the 1st row of second list.(as your second list will have only 1 row always).

Let me know if you need any further information this.

-Ankit Nigam | MCITP SQL Server 2005
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:09 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2011 4:30 PM