none
How to add multiple tasks list from a single Project Site to the Project Center? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having issues adding multiple tasks list from a single Project Site because when I add from SharePoint Sites, it only allows me to add one Task list.  When I try to add again, after adding the first one, it doesn't show up in the list anymore.

Please help.  If this is a design limitation, any workarounds would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mikael,

First of all, which Project Server version do you use?

I'd like to be sure to correctly understand your concern. You would like to have more than 1 task list in your project site, am I right? I'm a bit confused since you talk about both project site and project center.

First notice that the default task list is related to the project Schedule, ie when a task is updated in the project, the list will be updated accordingly.

With Project Server 2013, I could open a project site, navigate to "site content", select the task app and create a new task list. This new list will be created as a blank list not related to the schedule neither the default task list.

Note that there is a list setting which triggers wheither or not the list link will be added to the navigation menu of the left side (list settings, List name, description and navigation).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, April 27, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using Project Online 2013 in Office 365.

What I am trying to do is to add more than one Tasks list(not just the default one), to the Project Center.  When I add a task list from a SharePoint Site, it won't let me add a task list again.  The SharePoint site will not show up anymore when I click on the Project ribbon->Add SharePoint Sites.

Also, any resource with regard to how to use Project Online in real world scenarios or implementations would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:13 AM
  • Mikael:

This is by design. Although the button says Add a SharePoint Task list, it really means that you are adding a SharePoint site with a Task list. You can only have one task list per SharePoint site added as a project in PWA.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Friday, May 8, 2015 11:31 AM