SCSM MP for Opsmgr. OleDb Module encountered a failure 0x80004005 during execution and will post it as output data item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi (also posted in Service Manager Generel without a "green" answer, so I hope som Opsmgr dudes can help out here)

Have now tried different things to try eliminating the following error:

OleDb Module encountered a failure 0x80004005 during execution and will post it as output data item. Unspecified error
    : [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Scenario:

1 SQL: SQL\SCSM & SQL\SCOM

1 SCMS

1 SCDW

1 SCSSP

1 SCOM

1)

Automatic deploy of agent on SCMS, SCDW and SQL –

Installation of SCSM MP (and yes – no Service Manager Database Account before this MP is installed - why: Service Manager Database Account profile is importes WITH the SCSM MP)

Created scom.scsm account in AD / Opsmgr Accounts (distributed to SCMS/SCDW/SQL) – associated to “Service Manager Database Account” profile and given the db_dataReader permission on all DB´s in SQL instance SQL\SCSM.

OleDb Module encountered a failure 0x80004005 during execution and will post it as output data item. Unspecified error

: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ServiceManager.LfxWorkflows.Monitor

Stop the Health Service service - deleted the health state on SCMS+SCDW – removed the SCMS MP - start the Health Service service – waited an hour – restarted SCMS+SCDW server – installed SCSM MP again – and still …. As soon the MP is distributed it begin to come with the error.

2) Remove Agent on on SCMS, SCDW – Manuel install agent (+cu4) + Created scom.scsm account in AD / Opsmgr Accounts (distributed to SCMS/SCDW/SQL) –

and keeps the given database Read permission on all DB´s in SQL instance SQL\SCSM. Waited two hours and installed SCSM MP again – associated to “Service Manager Database Account” profile and still …. As soon the MP is distributed it begin to come with the error

Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.ServiceManager.LfxWorkflows.Monitor

PS: the scom.scsm user is local administrator on SCSM/SCDW and SQL  server - now also have the sysadmin role just to test

Secondary i see a lot of

Login failed for user 'Domain\SCSM$'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors. [CLIENT: x.x.x.x] - Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 11. 

and

Login failed for user 'Domain\SCDW$'. Reason: Token-based server access validation failed with an infrastructure error. Check for previous errors. [CLIENT: x.x.x.x]

in SQL - After i just removed the SCSM MP for opsmgr those entries (which exsist for every 10 sec.) are also removed in SQL server Log

(Also in the SCMS eventlog: OleDb Module encountered an authentication failure during initialization with HRESULT 0x80040e4d. : Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\SCSM$'.

Workflow name: Microsoft.ServiceManager.SqlBrokerAvailabilityMonitor)  <- also gone after removing SCSM MP for opsmgr  

Are there some kind of delegation in this? or just enough to give computeraccount db reader access ?

Any ideas ?
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi

Not sure if this helps but the way it is set up here is:

- Group that contains the Service Manager Management Servers (the databases are remote from the DB and DW management servers).

- Run As Account that is the Service Manager service account

- Run As Account distributed to the Service Manager Management Servers group.

I don't see any login errors in the SQL logs and I don't have the same problem with the management pack. Not sure on your configuration of Service Manager or if it makes a difference if any of the database co-exist with their respective databases.

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, July 1, 2011 4:02 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:25 AM

All replies

• Check the time on your servers, it could be a kerberos issue with the times not synchronised between the different servers. If that is ok, check the domain member ship of the "SCSM" server (Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\SCSM$' indicates the computer account isn't trusted). And if that is ok, double check the account using the odbc connection (

: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. )

Regards,
    Marc Klaver
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, June 20, 2011 4:10 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Agree with mark.  The error message is pretty clear - ACCESS DENIED - means that you aren't allowed in with the credentials you are using.  As a starting point, be sure to read the MP guide.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, June 20, 2011 4:10 AM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 3:44 PM
  •  

Hi,

Regarding the error, please try the method in the following document:

Service Manager Management Pack Guide - Troubleshooting

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff769966.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
    Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:12 AM
  • The troubleshooting guide is excatly what I used as described in section 1 - (Stop the Health Service service - deleted the health state on SCMS+SCDW – removed the SCMS MP - start the Health Service service – waited an hour – restarted SCMS+SCDW server – installed SCSM MP again – and still …. As soon the MP is distributed it begin to come with the error.)-

can somebody test or see i scsm computeraccount is somehow specified under security settings for scsm databases?

Monday, June 20, 2011 7:15 PM
  • I can log on as scom.scsm on the SQL - open MS SQL Server Management Studio and select Top 1000 in tables on the 4 different scsm DB - so I still wonder why computeraccount trying to connect to DB´s when importing the SCSM MP.

hmm - I will give the computer account permissions to it - but still wonder why ?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:58 AM
  • Hi

Not sure if this helps but the way it is set up here is:

- Group that contains the Service Manager Management Servers (the databases are remote from the DB and DW management servers).

- Run As Account that is the Service Manager service account

- Run As Account distributed to the Service Manager Management Servers group.

I don't see any login errors in the SQL logs and I don't have the same problem with the management pack. Not sure on your configuration of Service Manager or if it makes a difference if any of the database co-exist with their respective databases.

Cheers

Graham

View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, July 1, 2011 4:02 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:25 AM