Not Monitored SCOM Agent State RRS feed

• Question

• Recently i have deployed SCOM2012 R2 and i have push the agent also on the server but on some server it is showing not monitored from couple of days so kindly tell me what is the problem and how i can get healthy these below system which i have shown in snapshot. I have also repair/delete the agent also but unfortunately the result is same. I have check the agent proxy but it is still not monitored state.

Kindly provide me the solution 

Monday, January 12, 2015 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you imported Management Packs?

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

Kevin Holman has a QuickStart guide:

OpsMgr 2012 R2 – QuickStart Deployment Guide

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2013/10/18/opsmgr-2012-r2-quickstart-deployment-guide.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 12, 2015 7:24 PM
  • My common approach for troubleshoot is
    1) flush health state and cache from the agent state under operations console --> monitoring workspace --> operations manager --> Agent details --> agent health state
    2) uninstall the agent and clear all its folder content
    3) remove the agent entity from operations console
    4) reinstall the agent again
    5) Check any event log on agent machine
    Roger
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Hello Syed,

Try the following:

1- Check the Operations Manager eventlog on the Management Server for errors

2- On the Management Server

a. stop the 3 OM Services (System Center Data Access, System Center Management Configuration and Microsoft Monitoring Agent)

b. rename the Health Service State folder on Program Files\System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State

c. Start the 3 services in same order

3- Monitor the Operations Manager Eventlog on the MS.

4- On one of the Not Monitored agents try the following 

a. Clear the Operations Manager evenltlog on that Agent

b. Restart Microsoft Monitoring Agent service on one of the agents and monitor the logged event in the Operations Manager Event log to detect if there is issue.

This should give you clues on what is going on in the environment.

Regards,

Mazen

Regards, Mazen Ahmed

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:10 AM
  • Check antivirus that you allow scom agent and folders and firewall ports.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you imported Management Packs?

System Center Management Pack for Windows Server Operating System

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9296

Kevin Holman has a QuickStart guide:

OpsMgr 2012 R2 – QuickStart Deployment Guide

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2013/10/18/opsmgr-2012-r2-quickstart-deployment-guide.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 12, 2015 7:24 PM
  • My common approach for troubleshoot is
    1) flush health state and cache from the agent state under operations console --> monitoring workspace --> operations manager --> Agent details --> agent health state
    2) uninstall the agent and clear all its folder content
    3) remove the agent entity from operations console
    4) reinstall the agent again
    5) Check any event log on agent machine
    Roger
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Hello Syed,

Try the following:

1- Check the Operations Manager eventlog on the Management Server for errors

2- On the Management Server

a. stop the 3 OM Services (System Center Data Access, System Center Management Configuration and Microsoft Monitoring Agent)

b. rename the Health Service State folder on Program Files\System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State

c. Start the 3 services in same order

3- Monitor the Operations Manager Eventlog on the MS.

4- On one of the Not Monitored agents try the following 

a. Clear the Operations Manager evenltlog on that Agent

b. Restart Microsoft Monitoring Agent service on one of the agents and monitor the logged event in the Operations Manager Event log to detect if there is issue.

This should give you clues on what is going on in the environment.

Regards,

Mazen

Regards, Mazen Ahmed

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 6:10 AM
  • Check antivirus that you allow scom agent and folders and firewall ports.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:39 AM
  • In addition to what Mazen said check the upadtes first. I had the similar issue and did so many r&d's on my lab env. Once I updated the server(Windows updates) it started showing healthy..!!!(I skiiped the WU coz of lab env which was a mistake. Also make sure Management packs are imported and installed. Mazen Ahmed Nice

suggestions..!!!great..!!

Friday, September 4, 2015 9:13 AM