Lync on hold tone is different for incoming and outgoing calls RRS feed

• Question

• I've uploaded my own acOnHoldTone to our Mediant 1000 to replace the standard beep someone gets when on hold. If someone on Lync originates a call to the outside and then puts them on hold, they hear the tone I uploaded. If the call is coming from the outside and is put on hold, they still hear the beep. Any ideas why this has different tones depending on where the call originates?

Thanks

Friday, September 6, 2013 10:58 PM

Answers

• Calls go through the gateway will get the music on hold using this method if you select PSTN gateways to provide to provide MOH.

If you change the Call Progress tone, a gateway reboot is needed.

If you change the prerecordedtones.dat, please check the size for prerecordedtones.dat is allowed.

For the details, see the section “Q. Is There Any Way to Provide Music on Hold to Your PSTN Callers (If Using Lync Phone Edition or other device that doesn’t provide endpoint MOH)” at http://windowspbx.blogspot.in/2011/07/questions-about-microsoft-lync-server.html

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, September 16, 2013 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, September 16, 2013 12:08 PM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 6:37 AM