App-V Server 5.0 does not connect to AD to find AD Group for packets permission publishing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I've installed App-V Server 5.0 on Windows 2012 (and also on Windows 2008 R2).

everything is gone well, all has been done as Microsoft ufficial documentation.

When a try to set permission on a published packet, I have an error, that's:

"Invalid input was passed"

App-V console does not connect do AD ? What's happen ?.

Have somebody found the same problem ?

please help me.

Thanks.

Luca

Luca Targa Vecomp Software

Monday, December 17, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• The only time I had an issue with this was because my server was in a limited connectivity state and couldn't ping my Domain Controllers. It sounds lazy but have you tried doing a reboot of the App-V Server?

Does it only happen when you try to assign to a package in a published state? How about when it's unpublished?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:34 PM
  • SOLUtION !!!

1. on IIS of you App-V Server, run appvmgmt pool with an account that have right to read AD
    2. set READ permission to Network Service account od domain root.

Luca

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• The only time I had an issue with this was because my server was in a limited connectivity state and couldn't ping my Domain Controllers. It sounds lazy but have you tried doing a reboot of the App-V Server?

Does it only happen when you try to assign to a package in a published state? How about when it's unpublished?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Hello,

Since you haven't really shared _what_ you are doing, this is a wild guess.

Try entering; yourdomain\yourgroup

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:48 AM
  • Hello,

Since you haven't really shared _what_ you are doing, this is a wild guess.

Try entering; yourdomain\yourgroup

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

I have tried to restart the server, nothing to do.

I have tried to add AD group also before and after publishing...and I have the problem in both cases.

Luca

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:28 AM
  • Today I know I have some problem with the customer network (app-v is installed at my customer offices).

So, I have 3 sites (1 DC on site "Milano", 2 dc on second site "Roma", 2 dc on third site "Verona").

The App-V 5.0 Server is on Roma site.

At the App-V server console I can ping each DC server of each site but probably we have some strange configuration on firewall.

I think that not all the tcp ports are opened (I think about LDAP port 389 !!??!?!).....Do you think that the problem could be caused by this networks problems ?

Another question:

About AD, I have all 5 DC that are Windows Server 2008 SP2. Forest and domain level are "Windows 2008". I think that is not necessary to upgrade to forest e domain level 2008 R2....what do you think about ?....anything is presente about this question on official Microsoft documentation

Many thanks

Luca

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:39 AM
  • SOLUtION !!!

1. on IIS of you App-V Server, run appvmgmt pool with an account that have right to read AD
    2. set READ permission to Network Service account od domain root.

Luca

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hello there check my blog I already Post a Step by Step that maybe is the group you are using.

here's the link with the step by step that I use for all deployments over here on clients. 

Implementing App-V 5.0 Full Infrastructure on Server 2012 Consultant Guide

Hope this helps 

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:21 PM