skype for business update RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All, i would like to ask a question, my company current using skype for business version 6.0.9319.0 and i want to update all skype for business components to the latest version, so when if update the version it affect to my skype for business?

Thanks Q!

Saturday, December 24, 2016 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Peang,

Welcome to post in our forum.

You can install the latest updates for your Skype for business server, some known issues will be fixed with the latest update, please schedule your downtime and then install the updates for Skype for business server.

The following document is for your reference
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3061064

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, January 2, 2017 11:50 AM
    Monday, December 26, 2016 1:56 AM
  • Dear Alice Wang,

Thanks you so much for your information.

Monday, December 26, 2016 6:20 AM
  • Hi Peang,

Thanks for your response.

If this information is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi Alice Wang, when I update my skype for business,how about all my users client it affect to my users singin?
    Monday, December 26, 2016 3:05 PM
  • Hi Peang,

Did you mean all users can’t sign in SFB client after you install the update?
    Are there any error messages when you sign in SFB?

Please try to use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer test if there are any error messages
    https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Thursday, December 29, 2016 8:02 AM
  • Hi Alice Wang,

When I run file update it appear the error message Error: 1603: SkpesForBusinessPerfCounters.msi had errors

What the problem on it,

Thanks you so much for any support me!

• Edited by Peang Suy Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:01 AM
  • Hi Peang,

Please rerun the Setup or Remove Skype for Business Server Components in the Skype for Business Server 2015 – Deployment Wizard.

The following blog describes the error 1603, please refer to:
    http://terenceluk.blogspot.sg/2016/02/unable-to-complete-installing-skype-for.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Friday, January 6, 2017 9:32 AM
  • HI

now I can update by follow your link, Thanks you.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:54 AM
  • Hi Peang,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Please try to mark the reply as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:02 AM
  • Hi Alice Wang

why my skype for business can not chart to public skype, but external can chart to my skype for business,

it mean that when I chart to external public skype they can see my chart but when public skype chart to my skype for business I can't see, did you ever meet this problem?

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:37 AM
  • Hi Peang,

In order to avoid confusion and keep track of troubleshooting steps, we usually troubleshoot one issue per thread in order to find a resolution efficiently. Concerning your other question, we suggest you create a new post in our forum.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:06 AM