Contact List Update (SP 3.0 / Active Directory) RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a 3.0 SharePoint and I have noticed that the address book (based off AD) is not updating to reflect changes made to existing users.  However, users that have been added recently do show up.

I haven't yet been able to locate a resolution to this issue.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi SeaBuck,

I'm still not clear about how the "list" you mentioned is updating with AD.

Did you use a third party solution/feature?

Did you mean that the "list" is the "People and Groups" list (site user information list) in WSS 3.0? If yes, the AD users need to be added to this list manually, it couldn't be auto updated.

Or did you use SharePoint 2007? SharePoint 2007 has an Shared Service Provider (SSP) which can be imported the users from AD, then sync user profiles to "user information list", please check the following article for more information.

http://www.sharepointchick.com/archive/2009/06/17/user-profiles-and-the-user-information-list-or-userinfo-table.aspx

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi SeaBuck,

What did you mean the "Contact List Upate" and address book?

If I understand correctly, the "Contacts" list is an OOB list in Windows SharePoint Service 3.0(WSS 3.0), all the contact items need to be manually created/added/updated in this list, SharePoint cannot sync the updates from AD to a normal SharePoint list.

If I misunderstood the issu, please correct me.

Thanks,
    Daniel Yang
    Forum Support
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Daniel Yang

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:06 AM
  • Daniel

I've got a list setup that reference 'person or group' that is pulling from AD.  I can tell that this is updating as there are newer users in this list and I am the only one that would have updated the list.

So, It's set to update from AD somehow. I just don't know how it is setup or how to force an update to see additional users.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Hi SeaBuck,

I'm still not clear about how the "list" you mentioned is updating with AD.

Did you use a third party solution/feature?

Did you mean that the "list" is the "People and Groups" list (site user information list) in WSS 3.0? If yes, the AD users need to be added to this list manually, it couldn't be auto updated.

Or did you use SharePoint 2007? SharePoint 2007 has an Shared Service Provider (SSP) which can be imported the users from AD, then sync user profiles to "user information list", please check the following article for more information.

http://www.sharepointchick.com/archive/2009/06/17/user-profiles-and-the-user-information-list-or-userinfo-table.aspx

Thanks

Daniel Yang

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:10 AM