SCSM 2012 Notifications Re-Triggering RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am running into a frustrating issue and could use some help! Whenever I make an update to a Request Offering for a Service Request class item it re-triggers our Service Request completion notification for all Work items that were created using that Request Offering. The Service Request notification is set to send when the status of a Service Request changes from "Does not equal" Completed, Failed, or Cancelled to "Equals" Completed, Failed, or Cancelled, but these notifications are triggering for work items that have long since been completed with no recent status changes, minutes after updating the corresponding Request Offering (like adding a new user prompt).

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks!

Lex

• Edited by Lex Jensen Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:15 PM

Answers

• I'm making an educated guess here, but I believe there are two things causing this behavior. First, do a quick test for me.

Open a completed, cancelled, or failed service request and change the description (just add "test" to the description or something..just enough to change it). Is the notification re-sent?

If the notification is re-sent, your notification criteria is probably formed incorrectly. Post it here and we'll take a look at it.

Furthermore, if that is indeed the problem, I'll give you some background on why changing a request offering can trigger service request notification subscriptions (and what you can do to avoid it in the future).

• Edited by Aaron Croasmun Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by AndersAsp Friday, September 26, 2014 11:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lex Jensen Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:44 PM