Server-side signature profiles RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Will Exchange 2010 (OWA especially, because Outlook supports it) support multiple signature profiles? What about server-side signatures?
    This could be a nice change. There are people who work from Outlook at work, Outlook at home and OWA on road. It's a nightmare to add or change the signatures everywhere.
    What about pictures in signatures?

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:57 PM

Answers

• You can do pictures in your signature, just copy/paste the image into the signature dialog box.

Sadly, multiple signatures are not supported.

Erik
    Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007; MCSE:M 2003; MCITP: 2008; Windows Server MVP; CCNA
    • Proposed as answer by Erik Szewczyk Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by savarina Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:06 PM

All replies

• You can do pictures in your signature, just copy/paste the image into the signature dialog box.

Sadly, multiple signatures are not supported.

Erik
    Microsoft Certified Master: Exchange 2007; MCSE:M 2003; MCITP: 2008; Windows Server MVP; CCNA
    • Proposed as answer by Erik Szewczyk Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by savarina Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:41 PM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:06 PM
  • You can have org-wide signatures now at the transport level just like disclaimers if that is any help and you can even use AD attributes (or images). This way every message sent automatically has one appended and as long as you keep AD clean and up to date the user will never have to edit it themselves.
    • Proposed as answer by Amit Tank Thursday, April 16, 2009 8:59 AM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:08 PM
  • Any plans for introducing server-side signatures in the RTM?

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:12 PM

Not that I've heard. The closest is the automatic org-wide signature.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:13 PM

I'm not aware of any plans to change this behavior, not sure if any of the MSFT folks will comment further.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:14 PM
  • I'm curious why no one asked for this functionality. With all the beta testers and the 5 milion users using Exchange Online, i thought this would be a feature most of them would want.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:18 PM
  • I'm curious why no one asked for this functionality. With all the beta testers and the 5 milion users using Exchange Online, i thought this would be a feature most of them would want.

Keep in mind something like this also requires work on the client (Outlook/Entourage/etc...) side so it is a little more difficult to implement. It may have been someone did, but one team or the other (client or server) wasn't able to implement it in time.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:22 PM
  • Of course it requires work on the Client, but with the 2010 Office suite releasing next year, it would be a nice feature.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:24 PM

Keep in mind something like this also requires work on the client (Outlook/Entourage/etc...) side so it is a little more difficult to implement. It may have been someone did, but one team or the other (client or server) wasn't able to implement it in time.

It's also a question of where you want your development/investment dollars to go.  Personally I'd much rather have the OWA team focus on the new threaded interface and support for FF/Safari before multiple signatures (but that's just me) :)
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 10:27 PM
  • Bumping an old thread, but I can shed some additional light
    Friday, July 10, 2009 12:22 AM