Windows server 2016 trial activation problem RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to activate the trial edition without internet access?

I am testing features of 2016 server in a secure site that does not have internet access and the online activation has stopped testing as the servers are constantly shutting down.

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:47 PM

Answers

• There isn't. You'll need to provide internet access long enough for the server instance to get an activation. Then you can once again disconnect internet.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:50 PM
  • Thanks Dave.

I will just use slmgr -rearm for the time being as connecting to the internet is not an option. I will just have to redo this every time the expired warning come up.

Also the GA code will be out soon. So this won't be a problem after that.

Regards and thanks

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:36 PM

All replies

• There isn't. You'll need to provide internet access long enough for the server instance to get an activation. Then you can once again disconnect internet.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:50 PM
  • Thanks Dave.

I will just use slmgr -rearm for the time being as connecting to the internet is not an option. I will just have to redo this every time the expired warning come up.

Also the GA code will be out soon. So this won't be a problem after that.

Regards and thanks

Monday, October 10, 2016 10:36 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:27 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to have an update about this thread.

You can click “Mark as answer” if the reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:02 AM