eDiscovery "Search" options grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have Exchange 2013 Enterprise - and I am trying to setup e discovery 

when I try to perform Search against any mailbox I get grayed options 

I have Enterprise license for exchange as shown from technet subscription 

Monday, October 27, 2014 6:18 PM

Answers

• Yes, Nithyanandham stated, account need to be a member of "Discovery Management" Group.

You may also add "Legal Hold & Mailbox Search" RBAC role which has to the account with which you are trying to do Discovery Search.

Discovery Management has 2 roles assigned to it (Legal Hold & Mailbox Search).
    For adding the role explicitly you may run the commands:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Legal Hold" -User UserDoingDiscovery -Name "Legal Hold Role Assignment"

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Search" -User UserDoingDiscovery -Name "Mailbox Search Role Assignment"

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

• Proposed as answer by PK M Tuesday, January 27, 2015 5:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by AhmedBakr Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:27 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

You need to be an member of "Discovery Management" group .

Once you add your account name , please try to do a force replication in your AD.Then sign off and sign in again in to the EAC.

Please feel free to reply me if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:05 AM
  • Yes, Nithyanandham stated, account need to be a member of "Discovery Management" Group.

You may also add "Legal Hold & Mailbox Search" RBAC role which has to the account with which you are trying to do Discovery Search.

Discovery Management has 2 roles assigned to it (Legal Hold & Mailbox Search).
    For adding the role explicitly you may run the commands:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Legal Hold" -User UserDoingDiscovery -Name "Legal Hold Role Assignment"

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Search" -User UserDoingDiscovery -Name "Mailbox Search Role Assignment"

Pavan Maganti ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

• Marked as answer by AhmedBakr Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:27 PM