Re-home existing Sharepoint WSS3 to a new domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Would appreciate if a "simple" process exists for ensuring a WSS3 site is re-homed correctly to a new domain:

Currently have WSS3 running on a member server of DOMAIN A and we need to-rehome the server to DOMAIN B.  We've successfully setup Trust Relationships between both domains, setup permissions to all sites, lists, documents libraries allowing users from both domains to access. 

My question is when DOMAINA ceases to exist, is it a simple case of joining the WSS3 server to DOMAIN2 or is it more complicated that that?

Thanks in advance

Monday, September 5, 2011 2:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You need to migrate all your users from Domain A to domain B.

You need to first carry out these changes at AD level then at the application level you need to execute STSADM -migrateuser.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, September 5, 2011 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to migrate all your users from Domain A to domain B.

You need to first carry out these changes at AD level then at the application level you need to execute STSADM -migrateuser.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, September 5, 2011 2:49 AM
  • Thanks Rahul

If we've got users logging on to the new domain with their DOMAINB user accounts, and added their DOMAINB accounts to the  the permissions for lists, documents etc.. I'm assuming STSADM - migrateuser is therefore not required?

Monday, September 5, 2011 4:26 AM
  • Yse in this case it will not be required

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, September 5, 2011 5:29 AM