none
Timesheet issues with actuals reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,<o:p></o:p>

I'm using project server 2010 and the resources at my organization need to report actuals every day. some of the actuals are for projects and some others, for administrate time.<o:p></o:p>

We are using singe entry mode in order to report actuals at my tasks & at my timesheet.<o:p></o:p>

The problem we having is that as user reports his actuals at my tasks and navigate to my timesheet, he does not see his last reports at the grid. Only if the user recall his timesheet period and reopen it, he can see the last update.<o:p></o:p>

We have SP1 with CU of Oct 2012<o:p></o:p>

We are using singe entry mode since only at timesheet user can see a daily summarize of all actual....<o:p></o:p>

Please advise
    Asaf<o:p></o:p>

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Asaf,

the user can add tasks from future (completed) by using Insert Row - Insert Task.

Does that work for you?
    Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Asaf S Monday, January 28, 2013 9:31 AM
    Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Asaf,

please ask your users to enter time in timesheet only. They can submit their status updates from there also. With CU Dec 2011 and later, SEM has changed from a bidirectional link to a one way link: from timesheet to tasks only. With SEM enabled, Timesheet should be the only page to enter actuals. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh694531(v=office.14).aspx for more information.

Regards
    Barbara

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Asaf. it will be good practice to hide flom users the link for Tasks page. cause  they can be confused if they will enter hours in Tasks page and open Timesheets after it - they will see zeros.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your replay.

If I'm using only Timesheet, how can the users handle with task starting  at the following time reporting period, but need  to report actual work (at the grid) this period. Let say that we having 52 reporting periods, and we now at period #3. There is task that the Team leader schedule it to  period #5, but the user neeed to report on it at the current period. how can handle it? it the Tasks screen, the use can see all his assignments and reports any time. At the Timesheet screen, user can report actuals only on the tasks that schedule to the same period.

Regards,

Asaf

Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:51 PM
  • Hi Asaf,

the user can add tasks from future (completed) by using Insert Row - Insert Task.

Does that work for you?
    Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Asaf S Monday, January 28, 2013 9:31 AM
    Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thanks! this is what I was looking for

Asaf

Monday, January 28, 2013 9:31 AM