none
Project Server 2010/2013 - Custom field with formula RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I need to create a custom field using formulas that will read other custom field which have a lookup table and returns the folow values:<o:p></o:p>

- AAA 1.BBB 2.CCC 3.DDD 4<o:p></o:p>

The new custom field will return only DDD 4, the last level of the structure.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for helping<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi, can you please describe this to me one more time? or do you have some screenshot of the formula, which you used? Thanks

Roman

Roman Nedzelsky

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:01 PM
  • Hi Roman.

No problem.

I have a custom field 1 witch have the value: AAA 1.BBB 2. CCC 3.DDD 4

Now i need to create a new custom field with formula that will give me the value DDD4.

All level of custom field 1 are separated to "." and i need a formula in Project Server in a new costum field that give me the last level (DDD 4)

Thanks

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:08 PM
  • If you just need the last four characters, then the following should work

Right([custom field name], 4)

If the right most characters after the 3rd period, I would have to think a little more about that.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Hi Ben,

the characters are dynamic. I can have DDDD 4, ou DDDDDAAASS 5.

The only information that is fixed is the mask. The "." is the information that divide the levels, and i want to see only DDDDDAASSSS 5.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Hi, I don't think you can do this type of string manipulation with the functions available in a custom field.  You would probably have to revert to VBA

Br,  Ben.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Friday, September 18, 2015 6:44 AM