none
Bare metal for exchange server and file protection RRS feed

• Question

• Both Exchange Servers are separate, standalone deployments with POP and no mails reside on Exchange side catering to approx. 60 users.

My question is :

1.Do i have to back up the Exchange server since mails are dont reside the exchange server it self?

2.How do i manually calculate the DPM storage for exchange 2007 using following command?

Replica Volume

For Exchange data:

Data source size x (1 + log change) / (alert threshold - .05)

Retention period

For Exchange data:

4.0 x retention range in days x log change x data source size + 1600 MB

3.How do i calculate the storage for bare metal recovery for each and every server?

Thank you

Mahesh

• Edited by msactive Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:48 PM subject edit
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:46 PM

Answers

• Backing up the Exchange server for example using BMR would saving you the time to reload if it fails. Otherwise no if no mail resides on it. I am sure it has some Exchange roles though so you may want to protect it. For the storage calculations try the storage calculators here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24375

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:38 AM