COM Surrogate has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I am facing a different issue. I have developed my own COM+ Component on Windows XP, by using Visual Studio 6.0. I am using this COM+ Component in C#.NET web application.

When I tried to publish in Windows 2003 machine and use it, it is not giving any issue. When port the same thing in Windows 2008 Web server and use the web application (intern uses the COM+ Component) , some times it is giving the "COM Surrogate has stopped working" error. Can anyone please help me to get out of this error.

Regards,

Geetha Rani.

GeethaRani
    Monday, May 30, 2011 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general development issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to MSDN forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/visualstudio

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general development issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to MSDN forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/visualstudio

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:14 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Magon Liu.
    GeethaRani
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:49 AM