Access denied responding to SP2007 Survey RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that is still getting access denied when trying to respond to a SharePoint survey.  Fills out the 1st page, clicks next, and gets access denied.  I have the edit settings such that they can read all responses, but only edit thier own.

I have the site and survey opened up to all authenticated users, with a custom permission level. (so they cant delete responses)

User is able to go to the survey page, and see all the responses, but cannot submit one.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Joshua Fuente

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:07 PM

Answers

• Hi SharePointProgram,

Thanks for sharing the post.

Whether this issue happens with one user or all users with the permission level, if it is happened to all users, please check the permission level, whether expected permission are assigned.

If it is for only one user, would you please assign the user with higher permission to check whether it is a permission issue, or the user account issue, delete the user and add it again in SharePoint site, check the result.

Thanks,

Qiao

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:04 AM
  • Hi Joshua,

we are doing our best with this limited tools that we have on forum support, hope fully we can solve your issue, but if should there is a need to do a very deep checking regarding this, then to open a ticket may give you better support regarding this.

usually when a elevated permission have an access denied, i check double hop issue, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926642/en-us, if already confirmed that the loopback check already disabled, then the issue should still persist.

we then, check the codes, here is the example:

http://dannyjessee.com/blog/index.php/tag/sharepoint-2010/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sasohail/archive/2010/10/31/access-denied-within-spsecurity-runwithelevatedprivileges.aspx

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi SharePointProgram,

Thanks for sharing the post.

Whether this issue happens with one user or all users with the permission level, if it is happened to all users, please check the permission level, whether expected permission are assigned.

If it is for only one user, would you please assign the user with higher permission to check whether it is a permission issue, or the user account issue, delete the user and add it again in SharePoint site, check the result.

Thanks,

Qiao

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:04 AM
  • I tried moving the groups access up to the OTB contribute level, but that did not help.

I will try giving a single user, higher level access.

Joshua Fuente

Friday, August 16, 2013 12:12 AM
  • It seems that if I give an individual user "design" level access to the survey, they are able to complete the survey as expected.

It so far has been a hand full of users, so I am working around it, but I should not have to...

What could be the issue?

Joshua Fuente

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:59 PM
  • bump

Joshua Fuente

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Hi Joshua,

regarding this issue there is a test steps that you may try so that the users will have lesser impact during the testing.

• create new group for this, site settings Modify All Site Settings -> Permission -> Settings -> Permission Levels
    • select contribute
    • copy permission Level
    • create temp name, and uncheck the option with delete issues
    • add your AD group or some users to this temp group
    • add this temp group to the survey permission

it seems this issue most probably that the list of survey was locked/dont have permission to change when we break/ create unique permission, so it may become limited access.

please let us know the update if you already have the results.

Regards,
    Aries

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:24 AM
  • The thing is I have elevated the SPgroups permissions to design on the list(survey), and that SPgroup contains all authenticated users.

I still have users getting access denied.

At this point, we dont care about delete access, we just want to the users to be able to complete the survey, and not have to open a permier ticket.

Joshua Fuente

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Hi Joshua,

we are doing our best with this limited tools that we have on forum support, hope fully we can solve your issue, but if should there is a need to do a very deep checking regarding this, then to open a ticket may give you better support regarding this.

usually when a elevated permission have an access denied, i check double hop issue, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926642/en-us, if already confirmed that the loopback check already disabled, then the issue should still persist.

we then, check the codes, here is the example:

http://dannyjessee.com/blog/index.php/tag/sharepoint-2010/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sasohail/archive/2010/10/31/access-denied-within-spsecurity-runwithelevatedprivileges.aspx

Regards,
    Aries

Friday, August 23, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Today was the final day for the survey, we are just having affected users contact the survey mgr, and he is inputing the info...

You can close this thread.

Joshua Fuente

• Proposed as answer by Aries - MSFT Monday, August 26, 2013 12:59 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 5:03 PM