Running the sizing tool RRS feed

• Question

• Q1. Does the machine you are running the sizing tool on require Excel to be installed? I ran the tool on a W2K12R2 server but there was now excel file after the 24 hours period. I saw the excel file when the data collection started but it was deleted after the execution because the file was empty. I looked in the log file and saw this error message "Intermediate save of xlsx file failed with the following details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EPPlus, Version=4.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ea159fdaa7815a1' or one of its dependencies".

Q2. I also received this warning "Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1". Is it safe to ignore this warning as there was a message stating that the error will be ignored and an attempt to continue execution normally will be made.

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Robert,

Please ensure the server running sizing tool is a member of domain, and run the tool with Domain Admin credentials.

In addition, please ensure you have .net 4.5.2 or above installed on the  W2K12R2 server.

Best regards,
    Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:23 AM
  • This will happen if the EPPLus.dll which is included in the zip is not in the same folder that the sizing tool is being used from. 

Make sure that the EPPlus dll, that is included in the zip, is in the same folder that the sizing tool is being used from 

• Proposed as answer by Simon J Day Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:57 PM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:57 PM