none
using admin account as shared computer on a steady state RRS feed

• Question

• I have several problems on using steady state program, One is some of my LAN games icon does not appear if I am logged on as a USER created on steady state an example is Half Life/Counterstrike ver1.3, another is If I logged on as a USER, some programs would take a lot of time to run specially games that requires inserting the disc before playing like WARCRAFT3. But if I am logged on as admin, all the games would run perfect. Now,  I would like to ask if it is possible for me to make and share my ADMIN account on a steady state and still get the protection the steady state program gives just as the DEEP freeze?

thank you.

Monday, July 28, 2008 3:27 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, we can create an administrator account on the computer and still use SteadyState to restrict it. To restrict a shared administrative account

1. Log on as the Windows SteadyState administrator.

2. Click Start, point to All Programs and then point to Windows SteadyState,

3. On the Windows SteadyState main dialog box, under User Settings, click the shared administrative user profile you created.

4. On the General tab, under General Settings, select the Lock profile to prevent the user from making permanent changes box.

5. On the Windows Restrictions tab, select the High restrictions option. Under Start Menu Restrictions in the list, you may want to leave all of the restrictions selected; clearing any of the restrictions may create a security risk for the shared computer. However, for individual nonstandard applications you can turn off some of these restrictions.

6. In the Hide Drives section, select the drives you want to hide from the restricted administrative user.

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:18 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, we can create an administrator account on the computer and still use SteadyState to restrict it. To restrict a shared administrative account

1. Log on as the Windows SteadyState administrator.

2. Click Start, point to All Programs and then point to Windows SteadyState,

3. On the Windows SteadyState main dialog box, under User Settings, click the shared administrative user profile you created.

4. On the General tab, under General Settings, select the Lock profile to prevent the user from making permanent changes box.

5. On the Windows Restrictions tab, select the High restrictions option. Under Start Menu Restrictions in the list, you may want to leave all of the restrictions selected; clearing any of the restrictions may create a security risk for the shared computer. However, for individual nonstandard applications you can turn off some of these restrictions.

6. In the Hide Drives section, select the drives you want to hide from the restricted administrative user.

Hope this helps!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 6:18 AM
  •  

I did not help me.

I will start it again, for example my PC is newly formated, there will be an admin account that would be created right? Now if I am going to install steady state, this admin account would be the master account right(please clarify)? Under steady state you told me that I could create an admin account. Can I run all the programs under this account? I mean all the desktop icons specially the games that have compatible issues like Half-life1 with mods Counterstrike 1.3? My only concern is I want to have a user account in steady state that would allow users to use all the programs specially the games, lan games even on-line games. Please help thank you

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:15 PM