Default New Folder has metadata RRS feed

• Question

• When I enable on a list, the New Folder. And then click on New and then Folder, I should get only the Field: 'Name' , but I get all the metadata that are on the list.

When I make a new Column in the list, and Check the below options in Column settings: 'Add to all contenttypes' , it is automatically added to the Default New Folder.

This is not a Custom Content type of a folder. Disabling the option for New Folder and enabling it again does not change anything.

On my own Test 2007 environment, I did the same, but then I only get the "Name" when i want to make a Default New Folder. 

On the internet I could not find anything about this issue.

Any help is appreciated !!!

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:20 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

Please have a check on the content type settings :

1.       First check whether the folder content type exists here: settings>list settings .Do you see the New Folder content type ? If you can see ,then the Folder content type is a custom folder content type .You can change columns to show when create a new folder .

2.       If it is not there , then have a look at here: Site Actions>Site Settings>site content types .Open the ’Folder’ content type .Is it Sealed ? If the content type is not sealed ,then new columns can be added to show up when create a new folder .

For more information ,please refer to this site:

How to attach attributes or metadata to FOLDER in Sharepoint 2007 (MOSS) document library or any SP List: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ketaanhs/archive/2008/02/09/how-to-attach-attributes-or-metadata-to-folder-in-sharepoint-2007-moss-document-library-or-any-sp-list.aspx

Thanks,

Entan Ming
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 18, 2011 5:51 AM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 6:03 AM