none
DHCP Scope turns blue with exclamation mark RRS feed

• Question

• I have two domains controllers. They both are having the same issue. 

When I log into DHCP the icon is green and looks normal

When I expand the icon it turns blue with an exclamation mark

I looked at display statistics for all scopes and there is plenty  90% free on all scopes. 

I know Microsoft says the below about the blue icon with exclamation mark......
    DHCP server alert. No addresses are available from server scopes because the maximum (100 percent) of the addresses allocated for use are currently leased. This represents a failure of the DHCP server on the network because it is not able to lease or service clients

from here- > https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg722802(v=ws.10).aspx     This is not my issue. I have plenty of addresses.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Wave~Chaser

Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:09 PM

Answers

• I had a dhcp scope disbaled. IT turn blue when it is disabled thanks. 

Wave~Chaser

• Marked as answer by WaveChaser Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:23 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Hi WaveChaser,

Seems the DHCP server announce a incorrect alert, this might cause by the DHCP database crashed:

1. Check if "Reconcile" the scopes could work, right click the DHCP scope, click "Reconcile";

2. >I have two domains controllers. They both are having the same issue. 

Is the DHCP role installed on DC, the two DCs all have DHCP role installed and have that issue? If so, please run dcdiag in cmd, check if the DC is healthy;

3. Check DHCP log in event viewer, see if there are related errors;

4. Does the DHCP multihomed? Also check if clients could get IP address from the DHCP server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 12, 2016 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi WaveChaser,

Seems the DHCP server announce a incorrect alert, this might cause by the DHCP database crashed:

1. Check if "Reconcile" the scopes could work, right click the DHCP scope, click "Reconcile";

2. >I have two domains controllers. They both are having the same issue. 

Is the DHCP role installed on DC, the two DCs all have DHCP role installed and have that issue? If so, please run dcdiag in cmd, check if the DC is healthy;

3. Check DHCP log in event viewer, see if there are related errors;

4. Does the DHCP multihomed? Also check if clients could get IP address from the DHCP server.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 12, 2016 5:16 AM
  • I had a dhcp scope disbaled. IT turn blue when it is disabled thanks. 

Wave~Chaser

• Marked as answer by WaveChaser Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:23 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:23 PM
  • I tried the above and neither fixed my issue.

I was able to fix my issue by disabling and re-enabling the scope.

After the scope was reactivated, everything reported green.

Hope this helps!

• Edited by Elliot Labs Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:05 AM Undo wording update
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:04 AM
  • I just created a scope and it had the blue mark.  Once I right clicked and refreshed all was good.
    Monday, March 4, 2019 1:50 AM