none
Identify and track critical milestones RRS feed

• Question

• The tool should display a continually updated EPM network diagram howing clearly the dependencies between milestones on the critical path. If any milestone on the critical path takes longer to
    complete than planned, the whole project will slip unless something
    is done. To achieve the same , check for the following facilities in EPM
    d.Identify and track critical milestones

Request you to let me know how i capn fix critical mile stones in the templates

Geeth

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It would be nice if you would use Project's terminology. In Project, a milestone is an important MOMENT in a Project and a moment has no duration - so a milestone cannot "take longer". Maybe you mean what is called in Project "Summary tasks". Is your text copied from a textbook and you are requested to make this as an exercice?

This forum is about using the tool Microsoft Project, not to solve exam questions :-)

Greetings,

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:50 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly, are you looking for a way to filter critical milestones in Network diagram or what? If its about Network diagram you can apply filter for Critical Tasks. Please elaborate further on your question.

Sapna Shukla

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

It would be nice if you would use Project's terminology. In Project, a milestone is an important MOMENT in a Project and a moment has no duration - so a milestone cannot "take longer". Maybe you mean what is called in Project "Summary tasks". Is your text copied from a textbook and you are requested to make this as an exercice?

This forum is about using the tool Microsoft Project, not to solve exam questions :-)

Greetings,

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Hi,

Jan thanks for the reply and the above is not copied from text book that was the requirement point which we got it from our customer as i have customised Project server 2010.

But for the above point i found the answer we can see the critical mile stones in network diagram in project professional where in the filter option we have critical to filter the mile stones.

Thanks 

Geeth

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:47 AM