none
DPM 2012R2 : can not recover Exchange 2013 database to a network location ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I need your help, I am trying to recover an Exchange Mail database backup done by DPM 2012 R2,

when I select a mail database to recover , I only get one option to select as the recovery destination , which is to the source exchange server! but what I really want is to recover to a network location ,

why the network location option is disabled as you can see in the screenshot below ?

dpm-exchange-db-recover-location

Friday, September 5, 2014 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Select a recovery point other than "latest" and you will have the option to recover to a network location.   The option of "latest" is designed to recovery back to original location and replay the logs that have not been backed up.

Michael Jacquet

• Proposed as answer by mjacquet Monday, September 8, 2014 4:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by cool_misbah Monday, September 8, 2014 3:39 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 4:36 AM

All replies

• Hi

It should be available like with Exchange 2010 and DPM. If i may ask is this the latest recovery point you restoring?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, September 6, 2014 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

Select a recovery point other than "latest" and you will have the option to recover to a network location.   The option of "latest" is designed to recovery back to original location and replay the logs that have not been backed up.

Michael Jacquet

• Proposed as answer by mjacquet Monday, September 8, 2014 4:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by cool_misbah Monday, September 8, 2014 3:39 PM
    Monday, September 8, 2014 4:36 AM
  • Thank you for helping me with this, yes I was selecting the latest and selecting previous backups will show the other options.
    Monday, September 8, 2014 3:41 PM