WSS 3.0 Announcements Web part RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to increase the length of the Announcment window.  On some pages, it appears to expand automatically.  On others, it is very short.  There is not an obvious parameter to expand the window itself.

I do not have Sharepoint Designer to make changes to the code.  I haven't change the code on the windows that are larger than the other.  In fact, the parameters are identical. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Unfortunately this might be hard to change unless opening the web part page in designer.

You will be able to hardcode an increase of the height and width of the webpart by editing the web part -> appearance. Though in this case it might end up pushing all other content off the window. You'll have to find that balance.

Sean

May your PC's be fast and your restarts few.

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

That is because of web part zones sizes in the page where the Announcement is added.

[Using Browser]

1) Go to Edit Page mode

2) If there is any Web Part Zone wider, drag the Announcement there

3) Else Edit the Announcement Web Part & give the widths value the & click on OK.

Please let me know if it is useful.

Regards, Md Rizwan Khan

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Changing the width in the webpart has no effect.  I wish to lengthen the display - height of the webpart.  Nothing works.

I have another page where the settings are identical to this page,  I can enter numerous announcements and they show.  But the page where I am limited, it allws about 10 lines in the window and that is it.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:53 PM