none
Executive view of Project Plan RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using Project Online. I am managing a master project plan that includes multiple sub-projects. The stakeholders prefer a high level view (Outline --> Level 3) of the master project plan along with the corresponding Gantt chart view. 

I recognize that Project Online provides a split screenview of this information. 

I am looking for some tips on how to auto-generate the following view in Excel (that it is in a single sheet and consumable by non-Project users): 

Level 3 task list
    %complet
    Status 
    Gantt chart

Thanks for any pointers.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:02 AM

All replies

• Bomasamudram,

Here is how I would do it:

Create a view in PWA, to filter for the tasks of Outline Level = 3, and add the other columns you need.

Adjust the permissions so that your executives can get to this view.

The only caveat with this is that when the view is used in the Project Center/Schedule, the sub projects might need to be expanded.

Alternatively, I belevel you will have a better control on which tasks are being visible to your executives, with the following approach

1) Create a task level enterprise a Flag  field, called "Executive View"

2) In your Master project, expand all projects to the lowest outline level and then tag all the tasks you want the executives to see with the flag you created above.

3) Create a view in PWA, to filter for the tasks marked with the flag above, and add the other columns you need.

Adjust the permissions so that your executives can get to this view.

this way, you can control the tasks you want to show on the view/report.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:47 AM