font size changing on its own RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchase a new HP with windows 10.  I am experiencing a problem with my font size changing on its own and it is becoming very frustrating. Anyone else having this issue. I am actually at the point of returning this PC and going back to windows 7 on myy old system
    Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:57 AM

All replies

• Right click on any empty area of Desktop to access Display Settings.

Next up, use the provided slider to "Change the size of text, apps, and other items,"

Drag the slider to the desired scale.

Once you've got the font and icon size set to your liking, click the "Apply" button.

You have to sign out and sign in to get the result.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, December 7, 2017 3:02 AM
  • Windows 10 uses 125% or 150% scale by default, which may cause an indistinct font size and icon experience, we need to modify it to 100% manually.

Right-click on desktop and select Display settings. Find out change the size of text, app, and other items. Select 100%.

Then, update system to the latest build, restart computer.

On the other hand, Microsoft has stop selling Windows 7, if you have a genuine product key, you could use iso to install Windows 7 and use product key to activate it. Or contact HP for help.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 8:59 AM