Windows Slideshow Stops Working.. RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, so before anyone says this has been answered before, I'm pretty sure their situation is different from mine. I've googled my problem many times, but though there are many similar problems, I've never come across one quite like mine.

When I choose to shuffle multiple photos, it works fine, for about a week or so. Maybe a couple weeks. Then suddenly, it'll just freeze on one picture, and won't shuffle anymore. If I go to the personalizations menu, it looks as though I purposefully chose that one image as a single wallpaper, and when I click on it, all the photos in the folder save that one is unchecked. I can go back and restart the slideshow by selecting all again, but it's tedious. I've never had this problem on my laptop; it's been looping the same photos for the past year or so. 

Is there anything I can do? And if, by chance, you have found a forum that answers this question that I seem to have missed, please let me know.

Thank you!

Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check the power option:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings, then Change advanced power settings, choose "Available" in Desktop background settings->Slide show.

Another situation is that you're using a Microsoft Account, the desktop background on this PC might sync with desktop on another PC which is using the same Microsoft Acoount.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, June 9, 2014 1:31 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 6:01 AM