Using one Office Web App Server for several Skype Pools RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the transition from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business and I was wondering if it is supported or even possible to use the Office Web App Server from Lync 2013 also for Skype for Business. If I use a new C-Name that is pointing to the old Server it should work. Any suggestions?
    Monday, November 20, 2017 7:59 AM

Answers

• You can use the same Office Web App server for both, even many pools.  Not a problem at all, you don't need a CNAME record, just assign the same server to the new pool.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Joerg Burmann Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:11 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 6:32 PM
  • Hi Joerg Burmann,

Agree with Anthony.

In SFB server 2015 topology builder, edit properties, then input Office Web Apps FQDN, after this publish topology.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:54 AM

All replies

• You can use the same Office Web App server for both, even many pools.  Not a problem at all, you don't need a CNAME record, just assign the same server to the new pool.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:45 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 6:32 PM
  • Hi Joerg Burmann,

Agree with Anthony.

In SFB server 2015 topology builder, edit properties, then input Office Web Apps FQDN, after this publish topology.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:54 AM
  • Thanks for your help. I configured it that way, but it was not working. After I installed a dedicated OOS Server in the topology for the new pool, it was working. Then I took your advises and reconfigured it again, so that the new servers are pointing to the old OOS and I deinstalled the new OOS. Now it was working that the old and the new pool can work with the same OOS Server. Strange behavior.

Anyways, thanks again, without your help I would have had one server to much in my Environment.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:14 AM
  • Thanks for your help. I configured it that way, but it was not working. After I installed a dedicated OOS Server in the topology for the new pool, it was working. Then I took your advises and reconfigured it again, so that the new servers are pointing to the old OOS and I deinstalled the new OOS. Now it was working that the old and the new pool can work with the same OOS Server. Strange behavior.

Anyways, thanks again, without your help I would have had one server to much in my Environment.

If it is in the same network no problem at all. It depens if it can reach the weburl. You can even publish it external with a SSL certificate and loadbalancer :)

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 9:31 AM