AD RMS with office 2010 issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am setting up an AD environment with ADRMS for both exchange and office

I'm done with exchange now after resolving all my issues ...

However i am stuck with an issue with office 2010 ...

actually , what i did is the following :

1. Logged on as the domain administrator on a client PC on which i have installed MS Office 2010 (of course the PC is a member of the domain)

2. Went to regedit.exe

3. Expanded the following registry key:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\" and created "DRM" so that i have : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\DRM"

4. Selected "DRM" and created a new Expandable String Value named "AdminTemplatePath" with a value of "%UserProfile%\AppData\local\Microsoft\DRM\Templates"

5. Verified that the path "C:\Users\user1\AppData\local\Microsoft\DRM\Templates" is valid. (i created the "DRM" and the "Templates" folders)

6. Copied the AD RMS rights policy templates from "\\DC-SERVER\ADRMS-Templates" to "C:\Users\user1\AppData\local\Microsoft\DRM\Templates"

i then opened MS WORD (of course i restarted the client PC) and created a new word document , wrote whatever in it and went to :

file -> Permissions ->Restrict Permission By People

and i am unable to see the created RMS Templates ... (i copied one , see step 6)

Environment :

MS Office Professional Plus 2010

MS Windows Server 2008 R2

Thanks

Regards, Costa Mitri

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:55 PM

Answers

• it looks like we are working on the same stuff  because i also faced this issue and was not able to solve it ...

any help will be great guys :)

thanks

oh ok :)

well i still did not get to see the templates created ...

did you do the same step i mentioned above ?

Regards, Costa Mitri

yes , it's the same exact procedure ... still no luck

i would really appreciate it if someone could help us here ... i really need to sum up the AD RMS

by the way isn't this also known as IRM (Information Rights Management) ? ... just wondering ... it's the same no ?

Finally solved it !!

try this Jenny :

1. Log on to ADRMS-CLIENT PC as the domain administrator.

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Task Scheduler.

4. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

5. Expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services Client.

6. Right-click AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated), and then click Enable.

7. Close Task Scheduler.

Then go to regedit and recreate everthing , if it's already created previously then just reboot

Regards, Costa Mitri
    • Proposed as answer by Jenny G Friday, May 6, 2011 12:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Costa Mitri Friday, May 6, 2011 12:07 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:49 PM

All replies

• it looks like we are working on the same stuff  because i also faced this issue and was not able to solve it ...

thanks

Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:39 PM

thanks

Regards, Costa Mitri
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:15 PM

thanks

Regards, Costa Mitri

i would really appreciate it if someone could help us here ... i really need to sum up the AD RMS

by the way isn't this also known as IRM (Information Rights Management) ? ... just wondering ... it's the same no ?

Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:03 PM

thanks

Regards, Costa Mitri

Finally solved it !!

try this Jenny :

4. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

5. Expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services Client.

6. Right-click AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated), and then click Enable.

7. Close Task Scheduler.

Then go to regedit and recreate everthing , if it's already created previously then just reboot

Regards, Costa Mitri
    • Proposed as answer by Jenny G Friday, May 6, 2011 12:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Costa Mitri Friday, May 6, 2011 12:07 AM
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:49 PM

thanks

Regards, Costa Mitri

Finally solved it !!

try this Jenny :

7. Close Task Scheduler.

Regards, Costa Mitri

OMG !

i'm really falling in love with you !!!!!! you totally saved me yesterday and did it again today !

Mr. Costa Mitri you roooock !

totally working , it was the "AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)" that did the trick :)

thumbs up ! respect !

Friday, May 6, 2011 12:07 AM

thanks

Regards, Costa Mitri

Finally solved it !!

try this Jenny :

7. Close Task Scheduler.

Regards, Costa Mitri

OMG !

i'm really falling in love with you !!!!!! you totally saved me yesterday and did it again today !

Mr. Costa Mitri you roooock !

totally working , it was the "AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)" that did the trick :)

thumbs up ! respect !

Nice to hear that you worked it all out :)
    Regards, Costa Mitri
    • Proposed as answer by Zhu QingFeng Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:55 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Zhu QingFeng Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:55 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Hi, It looks like we are working the same stuff except our profile are roaming. I do by the following:

The first Step:

4. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then clickContinue.

5. Expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expandWindows, and then click Active Directory Rights Management Services Client.

6. Right-click AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated), and then clickEnable.

7. Close Task Scheduler.

The Second step:1. Logged on as the domain administrator on a client PC on which i have installed MS Office 2010 (of course the PC is a member of the domain)

2. Went to regedit.exe

3. Expanded the following registry key:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\" and created "DRM" so that i have : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\DRM"

4. Selected "DRM" and created a new Expandable String Value named "AdminTemplatePath" with a value of "%UserProfile%\AppData\local\Microsoft\DRM\Templates"

5. Verified that the path "C:\Users\user1\AppData\local\Microsoft\DRM\Templates" is valid. (i created the "DRM" and the "Templates" folders)

6. Copied the AD RMS rights policy templates from "\\DC-SERVER\ADRMS-Templates" to "C:\Users\user1\AppData\local\Microsoft\DRM\Templates"

The third step:

I then opened MS WORD (of course i restarted the client PC) and created a new word document , wrote whatever in it and went to :

file -> Permissions ->Restrict Permission By People

and I am unable to see the created RMS Templates ...

Environment :

MS Office Professional Plus 2010

AD MS Windows Server 2008 R2 integration with Exchange 2010 well

User' Profile are roaming

I would appreciate you if you someone could help me!

Best Regards

Zhu Qingfeng

David
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 1:34 AM